A fireplace is a functional focal point in any room, but it can also be an eyesore if not properly maintained. Soak your fireplace grate with warm soapy water and let the soot dissolve for 10 minutes before scrubbing it clean. How do you get rid of ash stains? Knock them off with a metal brush or use an aerosol furniture polish to remove them from fabric upholstery. How do you clean your chimney? You’ll want to climb on top of that roof! Be sure to purchase high-quality firewood because this will reduce the chances that your chimney will need cleaning again in the near future.
And always use a fireplace screen to prevent sparks from flying out and causing a dangerous fire.
Now that your fireplace is clean, take some time to enjoy it! Curl up with a good book in front of the warm flames or host an intimate gathering for all your friends and family. No matter what you choose to do, just be sure to stay safe by following these simple tips for how to clean a fireplace. And if you still have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call we’re happy to help!
Cleaning Tips – How To Clean A Fireplace
– Soak the grate with warm soapy water for ten minutes before scrubbing it clean
– Use a metal brush or aerosol furniture polish to remove soot
– Before lighting the fireplace, check to make sure your damper is open and nothing will be blocking it. This step ensures that your home won’t fill with smoke if you accidentally leave the flue shut overnight or go on vacation for a few days. How To Clean A Fireplace – Turn off pilot lights before cleaning them—if they still have gas running through them when water comes into contact, you could end up causing an explosion!
– Use fireproof gloves to clean out creosote deposits How To Clean A Fireplace. Creosote buildup can cause fires by building up around hot surfaces like logs How To Clean Your Fireplace, making it extremely important to keep this substance bay.
– Inspect the damper How To Clean A Fireplace and make sure it closes properly. If it doesn’t, you need to fix it before using your fireplace again How To Clean Your Fireplace.
– Vacuum the ashes How To Clean Your Fireplace. Make sure to do this in a well-ventilated area so as not to breathe in any of the dust!
– Scrub down the inside of the fireplace with a wire brush How To Clean A Fireplace and some water.
– Polish up the exterior of your fireplace with a wet rag How To Clean A Fireplace.
Now that your fireplace is clean, take some time to enjoy it! Light a fire and relax by the warmth on a cold winter night.